Creative Voter Registration
This information is provided courtesy of the Tennessee Democratic National Party.
Creative Ideas For Voter Registration Events:
1. Voter Registration Drive: Organize a dedicated event where people can come to a central location and register to vote. Set up information booths, provide registration forms, or create a QR Code with access to the Voter Registration and have volunteers available to assist with the process.
2. College Campus Outreach: Collaborate with local colleges or universities to host voter registration events on campus. Consider setting up booths in common areas or organizing registration drives during student orientation or other campus-wide events.
3. Community Block Parties: Take advantage of community gatherings, such as block parties or neighborhood festivals, to engage with people and offer voter registration services. Create an inviting and festive atmosphere while encouraging community members to exercise their right to vote.
4. Mobile Registration Stations: Travel to different locations within your community, such as shopping centers, parks, or community centers, with mobile voter registration stations. Set up tables, provide registration forms, and offer assistance to potential voters.
5. Collaborate with Local Businesses: Partner with local businesses, such as cafes, bookstores, or restaurants, to set up voter registration stations inside their establishments. Offer incentives, such as discounts or special promotions, to encourage registration.
6. High School Awareness Programs: Reach out to local high schools and organize voter registration education
QR Code Voter Registration
Short guide on using QR codes to register to vote:
Step 1: Download a QR Code Scanner App Search for a QR code scanner app in your smartphone's app store and download it. Numerous free options are available for iOS and Android devices.
Step 2: Locate the Voter Registration QR Code. Look for voter registration materials or advertisements that feature a QR code. These can be found on official election websites, social media posts, or physical flyers. The QR code will typically have a distinctive square pattern of black and white squares.
Step 3: Open the QR Code Scanner App. Launch the QR code scanner app on your smartphone. Most apps will automatically activate the camera, ready to scan a QR code.
Step 4: Scan the QR Code. Position your smartphone's camera so the QR code is within the viewfinder. Ensure that the entire QR code is captured within the frame. The app will automatically scan the code and interpret the information within it.
Step 5: Follow Instructions. After scanning the QR code, the app will redirect you to the designated voter registration website or form. Follow prompts and instructions on the website to complete registration. Fill in required information accurately and thoroughly.